Working with undergraduate students at the University of Michigan , we have created in 2015 an Historical Database of Civil Engineering Projects that is available through TheCivilEngineer. You can view it here.
- Zekkos, D. (2016). “Military geotechnics in the ancient world.” Geo-Strata, January-February 2016, 34-38.
- Zekkos, D. (2007). “The Siege of Ancient Tyre in 332 B.C.: An Offshore Construction Success.” Geo-Strata, September-October 2007, 8 (5), 14-16 and 28.
- Medley, E., Zekkos, D., (2007). “Seismic Performance of Rock Block Structures With Observations From the October 2006 Hawaii Earthquake.” Proc., 4th International Conference on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering, June 25-28, 2007, Thessaloniki, Greece. View .pdf
- Zekkos, D., Athanasopoulos, G., Athanasopoulos, A. Manousakis, J. (2006). “Elements of Engineering Geology and Geotechnical Engineering in the Homeric Poems.” Proc., International Symposium on Science and Technology in Homeric Epics, August 27-30, 2006, Ancient Olympia, Greece. View .pdf
- Zekkos, D. P. (2006). “Surface Excavations, Fills and Embankments in Ancient Greece.” Proc. 5th Hellenic Conference in Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering, May 30-June 1, 2006, Xanthe, Greece, Technical Chamber of Greece and the Hellenic Society of Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, 1, 521-528 (in Greek). View .pdf
- Zekkos, D., Manousakis, J., Athanasopoulos, A. (2005). “Geotechnical Engineering Practice in the Mycenaean Civilization (1600-1100 BC).” Proc., 2nd International Conference on Ancient Greek Technology, October 17-21, 2005, Athens, Greece. View .pdf
- Zekkos, D. P., Athanasopoulos, A. (2004). “Milos Island: Working with Earth for More than 9000 Years.” Cover story in AEG (Association of Engineering Geologists) News, 47 (1), 16-18. View .pdf